MacroChem exhibit at BIO shows how Mel promotes licenses & technology to prospects
Selected career highlights:
- Founded and managed a 26-person international pharma communications, qualitative market research and licensing-support company that repeatedly won major accounts and awards for sales-supporting programs in the U.S. and Europe.
- Started a biotech field sales organization from scratch, using hands-on training, motivation style; within one year, re-launched and hit break-even selling a problematic niche diagnostic-imaging agent after it was poorly launched by a licensee.
- Developed a strategic PR/educational sales program for a generics-threatened $39 million drug; increased sales to nearly $200 million over seven years. Won Medical Marketing Association 's "In Awe" award twice for sales-generating programs.
- Developed and implemented three successful PR / educational / promotional "Professional Partnership Programs " that helped clients lock in prescription of their products in exchange for practice and / or hospital promotion to MDs and patients.
- Helped a drug-delivery based specialty pharmaceutical company overcome industry skepticism following a failed license auction, and built shareholder and prospective-licensee enthusiasm for topically applied treatments for erectile dysfunction, testosterone deficiency, and fungal infection of nails.
- Repeatedly changed the way major specialties treat patients – e.g.
- Developed marketing strategy that converted U.S. surgical community from use of glucose-only parental nutrition to a lipid-calorie system in which client's IV product was dominant internationally.
- Persuaded cardiologists to use nuclear stress tests to evaluate prospective bypass and angioplasty patients.
- Taught surgical oncologists to look for metastatic disease upon first workup of colorectal cancer patients.
- Motivated women to ask primary care doctors to ask for sensitive TSH tests for hypothyroidism – and GPs to guide therapy
To find out more about Mel's consulting and management experience please feel free to browse the rest of this site using the navigation buttons at the top of the page.
To contact Mel please visit the "Contact Me" page on this site for all the ways to get in touch with Mel.